Eddie tragically drowned in 1940 while rescuing his son from the river. After his death, his wife Helen became the Funeral Director and with the help of R.L. Roberts from Arena, operated the funeral home until her son Bradley Richardson took over.
After Bert's passing in 1990, the business was sold to Thomas Stafford and became the Richardson-Stafford Funeral Home. It was located in Spring Green on Cincinnati Street.
In 1995 the new Spring Green building was constructed on the corner of Baker and Winsted St. (Hwy23).
In 1993, it became apparent that there was a need and Tom built an additional funeral home in Richland Center.